Background

01 January 2012

New Year

Happy New Year!

It is that time of year when people make resolutions and then break them half way through January. I decided long ago not to bother with them, and then they can't be broken. I suppose that the usual ones are in the get fit, stop smoking and lose weight category. Well, I don't do getting fit, have never smoked and as for trying to lose weight, I have given up on that. That is not to say that if I do drop a few pounds, I am not happy about it and wail and gnash teeth if I put some on (which I have done in the last week).

It is a dull, grey day although pretty mild. I was out early with a dog this morning, and ended up slipping into a deep puddle. I spent most of the walk with a decided soggy bum, so crawled back into pyjamas when I got in. We are out to lunch later to "celebrate" my birthday. I think as you get older and stop counting, you are all celebrated out, although I don't mind getting a few presents of course, and it is nice to have someone cook and wash up for you.

I am starting the new year with a newly decorated lounge. Well almost. There are a couple of bits which need finishing off and then it is done, but I have a nasty feeling there may not be enough paint. It is very different to the way it was, and I am very happy with it. I have installed a fish tank into what, according to the principles of Feng Shui, is my wealth area so it will be interesting to see if it works. I need all the help I can get with my finances, and it is keeping the cats amused. They are frequently to be seen with their noses pressed against the glass and the fish don't seem to mind the attention.


So, with 2011 over, and 2012 here what is in store? If you listen to the prophets of doom the economy is heading downhill again. This will make life much harder for those of us with small businesses. Trying to persuade people to part with their hard earned cash is difficult when times are good, when times are bad it is so much harder. Building a business in lean times is certainly a challenge, but it is a challenge which has to be met head on. Sitting and expecting customers to come to you, just does not work. So in the next few weeks, I will be sitting down and trying to come up with a plan to move the business forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment